Crooked teeth can be a problem that seems to be never ending, and is a problem that you can not correct on your own. You will need our help to do so. Depending on how severe your crooked teeth are, it could take some time to correct them with either traditional braces or Invisalign.
You may think that crooked teeth can wait as they are just a cosmetic issue. However, this can not be further from the truth. More often than not, crooked teeth are the cause of several other dental issues that may arise later on in your life.
Problems That Crooked Teeth Can Cause
- Difficulty Keeping Teeth Clean
- Toothbrushes and floss have a difficult time reaching the small spaces between crooked teeth, which can lead to bacteria growth, and plaque buildup.
- Increased Risk Of Gum Disease
- The bacteria that is left to hide and grow from the difficulties of cleaning your teeth and can increase the chances of you developing gingivitis.
- Bad Breath
- Because crooked teeth can increase your risk of decay and gum diseases, it can also increase your risk of halitosis. Halitosis is chronic bad breath that is not corrected through brushing and flossing.
- Multiple studies have indicated that a better-looking smile increases the amount you smile, which can lower stress and improve your self-esteem. Having crooked teeth may reduce your confidence in your smile, thus reducing how much you show your smile.
Request An Appointment
Dr. Aubrey Myers of Emerald Isle Dental Studio can help you find the best solution for crooked teeth. If you would like to explore your treatment options for crooked teeth, you can visit our Emerald Isle, NC dentist office. To schedule an appointment, call (252) 370-9611 or request an appointment online.