Your General Dentist in Emerald Isle, North Carolina
At Emerald Isle Smiles, we are very proud to be your general dentist home in Emerald Isle, North Carolina. We commit to providing the best patient care around. We are here to help each patient every step of the way.
What is a general dentist?
A general dentist is a primary care provider for your oral health. The main priority for general dentists is always the prevention of disease. Dental procedures performed are either diagnosing issues or preventing those issues. If dental problems are left untreated, they can eventually result in severe pain, missed school and work, and loss of money.
What do general dentists do?
When visiting a general dentist, you have a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth, and gums. Afterward, you benefit from a professional cleaning by our friendly staff and a discussion about optimizing your dental health. Click here to learn more.
If perchance, an exam reveals tooth decay, it is cleaned and filled with a composite resin. But, these services are just a small example of what a general dentist provides. Read on to learn about the services a general dentist usually offers.
- • Sleep Apnea —We help you keep the best oral health by stopping disease before it starts. Regular exams, x-rays, and teeth cleanings are the best practices of prevention. You are given detailed instructions on how to improve your at-home hygiene and recommended preventive treatments.
- • Restorative — If there is a dental issue, Dr. Meyers will ensure you get the proper treatment promptly. Restorative procedures involve removing tooth decay and filling in the affected area for ultimate protection. Suppose there is an accident that affects your mouth; a general dentist will diagnose and treat the cause of tooth pain.
- • Cosmetic Dentistry — Are you in the market for a sparkling white smile? General dentists offer cosmetic dentistry to help you get the beautiful smile you have always wanted. Procedures include teeth whitening, dental bonding, and veneers.
- • Health — Dental problems can reflect other parts of your body and vice versa. To be more specific, untreated oral infections can increase the incidence of cardiovascular disease and the ability to control diabetes.
- • Nutritional Counseling — General dentists also possibly offer health and wellness information, tips on stopping smoking, and advice on the best foods for excellent dental health.
What is the difference between a dentist and a general dentist?
The only difference is the title used on their dental school’s degrees; education and training are precisely the same. All dentists complete four years and receive an undergraduate degree before dental school.
After the initial four years for a Bachelor’s degree, they continue onto another four years of dental school at an accredited institution. Some general dentists choose to receive special training in particular areas—for example, implant placement, cosmetic procedures, or other therapies. Click here for more information. Dr. Meyers
How Can Emerald Isle Smiles Help?
Dr. Meyers and her staff provide only the highest quality dental care possible. They commit to helping each patient make informed decisions about their oral health. We are located in Emerald Isle and love serving our community.
Dental Procedures Provided at Emerald Isle Smiles
Dr. Meyers has invested time, resources, and energy into advanced training and education to offer our valued patients many services. Some of the services we provide are:
- • Dental Cleanings
- • Dental Crowns
- • Dental Crowns with Cerec
- • Dental sealants
- • Digital Impressions
- • Enamel Shaping
- • Fillings
- • Fluoride Treatments
- • Occlusal Disease Treatment
- • Sleep Apnea
- • Snoring
- • Tooth-Colored Fillings
Read this review from Rina P:
Would recommend this office to anyone and everyone!! The doctor and her staff really put their patient’s care and needs first. This is a place you feel very welcomed and cared for every time you walk inside this office. Always very nice, neat, and clean at this office. This is the most friendly and pleasant dental office me and my family have been to. We always look forward to going for our dental appointments because of the care and quality we receive from the doctor and her staff!! You all are awesome and very appreciated!
If you live in Emerald Isle, North Carolina, or the surrounding areas, we want you to be part of our dental family. We look forward to meeting you and helping you with all your oral health needs. Give us a call, or send us a quick email to set up a consultation.